Saturday 5 March 2011

My Dream Journal

I’m Sam and I’m going to be keeping a dream journal here. The main goal of this journal is to lucid dream. For those of you that don’t know what that is, lucid dreaming is when you are in a dream where you are aware that you are dreaming. I’ve read that keeping a dream journal can help you to lucid dream since dream information is lost quickly after you wake up. When you force your brain to retain the data (even temporarily), it gets a higher priority for memory committal. Forcing dreams into short/long term memory has the consequence of increasing your conscious interaction within them, hence lucid dreaming will gradually become more occurant in your dream sequences.

So that is the goal. Maybe I’ll learn something about myself through this experience.

originally posted  27.2.2011

3 comments:

  1. I keep one as well, though I forget to write down in it every morning hah, that or I forget what I was dreaming about

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks good maybe i should do the same lucid dreams are so cool

    ReplyDelete